10 Ideas To Choose From When Looking For A Cause And Effect Essay Topic
A cause and effect essay explains the causes of a problem or situation and their outcomes. It can describe both sides of a cause-and-effect relationship or discuss only one of them. In a cause essay, you consider the reasons for something to occur, while an effect essay requires you to examine what happens as a result. Therefore, when selecting a subject for writing this assignment, you must decide which side you will focus on.
A Few Tips to Keep in Mind
Searching for a compelling topic isn’t as difficult as it may seem. All you have to do is look around for some inspiration. A good cause and effect paper could be about:
- Something that becomes a tendency.
- A particular phenomenon.
There are many commonly discussed important problems. Global issues such as air pollution, terrorism, popularization of social media, or obesity may turn out to be quite interesting. They are familiar to everyone, but you can still make them unique by providing some additional examples and proofs.
Read or watch the news in order to find out what has recently happened. It may be a volcanic eruption, invention, election of a new president, and so on. By choosing this option, you will be able to accomplish your own research, as the subject perhaps has not been properly explored yet.
After you have chosen the appropriate topic, you should study all the possible implications and describe the conditions that caused them. Make sure that you’re able to provide enough information on how these two sides correlate with each other in order to be more than mere guessing. It’s also important to stick to the five-paragraph structure – an introductory paragraph, three paragraphs discussing the reasons and the effects, and a conclusion.
10 Most Interesting Cause and Effect Essay Topics
If you didn’t manage to find an absorbing topic for your piece of writing, consider these suggestions:
- What are the positive and negative consequences of having a pet in your home?
- Why do young people run away from home?
- What are the causes of bad water quality for children and adults around the world?
- How can everyday exercising contribute to your wellness?
- Why do people smoke and what is the harm in smoking?
- How does procrastination affect students’ grades?
- What is the use of having a positive attitude?
- Why is online shopping becoming more popular?
- What is the impact of technologies on our lives?
- What are the causes of stress and how does it affect a person’s health?