The Expository Essay Structure Basic Hints For College Students
Well, the purpose of this essay is to explain a point of view in a straightforward manner. Try to present everything in a logical way, and present your ideas without adding any personal touches. There is no room here for any of the emotions of the writers, it has to be an objective piece of work. But this isn't going to be such an easy job, depending on the subject. Don't worry tough, it won't be that much difficult either, as long as you are ready mentally for this ride.
- The Topic. Choose this one very carefully. Take your time to brainstorm a little bit, and pick something that suits you best. This will ensure you have a very powerful start.
- Now that you have chosen the topic, research on it. I repeat, research. I don't mean look on the internet on two websites and that's it, try multiple sources. Online, the library, some friends, your manuals. You have many sources, try to gather as much information needed as possible. Because you definitely need it later on to make an excellent job.
- Now take notes. Everything that seems of importance to you note it down. It will help you, in the long run, in case you get confused, or you simply forget anything. So try to observe everything that seems of importance to you down.
- When you get to the writing part, try to keep it formal. Remember this is an expository essay, so there is no room for feelings. Explain in a logical and organized manner what has been given to you. This is a very easy job if you know the difference between an emotional and a non-emotional language, and you have prepared everything that you need (research and notes) beforehand.
- Now that you have written your arguments down read everything again. Is there something you could change? Try to improve things, you don't want to get stuck on the same idea just because it's correct. Spicing things up might assure your great success. So if you see something that could be rewritten, you could express it in a different way that would make everything better, or you could even erase it and change it with another argument completely, do it. Leave room for improvement, and then use that room. It might make the difference between an excellent essay and an outstanding and professional one.