How To Create An Effective Outline For An Essay Without Effort
In high school, you are required to complete all kinds of assignments, including essays. You don’t have to like it, but you have to know how to handle them because your professor really cares about this. Besides the topic, you also have to pay attention to the structure of the composition and how the final result looks. You can achieve a great structure by building an outline. Here is how to do it:
- Write it before you actually write the essay. Some students think that it’s better to create the outline after they finished the composition, but this is completely untrue. If you write it first, you will be able to organize your entire project without any problem and you will not waste time searching for new ideas while writing. At the same time, you will be sure that you did not miss anything and your text is complete.
- Make research and select the ideas that you will use. You have to know that once you started writing your composition it will be very difficult to change the main ideas. Therefore you have to spend some time filtering the information and deciding what you want to express through this composition. Once you have the ideas, write them separately on a piece of paper so you can work on your outline.
- Create several chapters. How many chapters you create depends entirely on how long your essay is. Of course, you can not make 10 chapters for only two pages. In general it’s indicated to have at least one main idea for every chapter so it will not become boring for the reader. Arrange the chapters in a nice way and move on to the next step.
- Choose titles and descriptions. Sometimes a title is not enough, and in this case you will have to write a short description under the main word, just to explain what you wrote in this chapter. However, try to not do this very often because it can make your outline seem too chaotic and complicated.
- Arrange the outline and write the numbers of the pages. This is the final step and it should not take more than a few minutes. Make sure that you double check everything you write before you submit the outline, just to prevent any grammar or punctuation mistakes.