Essay Help Online: 5 Tips For Those Who've Got Lost
For some reason, essays have always sent panic through students across campuses. They feel lost when they are given their first essay assignment. It is a fact of life if you are a college student so you had better get used to it. There are some things you can do to make writing essays easier. One comforting thing to know is that the more articles you write, the less you will feel lost. The hardest thing to do is to get started. Hopefully these 5 tips will help.
- 1. Choose a topic you enjoy or that interests you. The best way to do this is to brainstorm. Set a timer for 10 minutes and just write down everything you can think of that is within the parameters your instructor has given you. Once you have done this, reduce your list down to 10 or so that interest you the most. It is much easier to write an article about something that you enjoy. You tend to focus more and work harder on something you want to learn more about. Your research is much less tedious so you will probably do that much more.
- 2. Make sure your topic has adequate research. There is nothing more frustrating than to begin researching a topic and realize you can’t find enough information. Make sure before you make your final decision on what your topic is, you have searched and made sure there was ample information. You can probably cut your list from brainstorming in half by doing this. Hopefully, this has reduced your list to 5.
- 3. Your topic should interest your readers or be of interest to the community. Of the 5 ideas you have left, which one do you think would create some emotion in your readers? Which one may promote further discussion? Whichever one answers these questions is your topic.
- 4. Pay attention to what type of essay your professor has asked you to write. There are many different types of essays and each one has a different style and requirements. Make sure you know what the requirements are. The style will give you a roadmap of how you can create your article. Once you have your topic and you know what is required, it’s easy to write your paper.
- 5. Create and outline before you write your rough draft. In your outline, put all of your important points in there in the order that makes most sense. This way your paper will flow better and you will have all of your best points included. Once this is done, have your instructor or a peer read over your paper. Ask them for advice on how to make it better and make your adjustments.
If you follow these 5 tips, you will no longer be lost. All you will have to do is check for grammar and spelling, and you can hand it in. Your essay will be something you are proud of. It does get easier and each time you write one, you will feel less lost.